longer ticket life vs auto renew

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 09:42:14 EDT 2012

We have a situation where users stay logged on for literally days or
even weeks at a time for very long-running simulation jobs.  So the
default max ticket life of one day isn't really appropriate for us.

It seems that there are two solutions to this dilemma: (1) a much
longer max ticket life or (2) some kind of auto-renewal scheme.

Perhaps I didn't look hard enough, but I haven't been able to find a
discussion on why one might choose one option over the other.  I was
hoping some of the list members might weigh in with their thoughts.

Thanks!
Matt