Problem configuring LDAP backend

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 10 00:52:24 EDT 2012

On 04/10/2012 12:45 AM, Braden McDaniel wrote:
>         kdb5_ldap_util: Invalid syntax while creating realm 'ENDOFRAME.NET'

I believe I've run into this before when I accidentally put something in
the service password file before running kdb5_ldap_util stashsrvpw,
which appends rather than overwriting the file.

The file should be one or two lines, each containing an LDAP DN followed
by a hex password.  If there's anything ahead of that (especially binary
stuff, which would probably be a master key stash file), you'll need to
delete the file and run kdb5_ldap_util stashsrvpw again.