Problem configuring LDAP backend

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Tue Apr 10 00:45:49 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-10 at 00:19 -0400, Greg Hudson wrote:
> On 04/09/2012 11:32 PM, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> >          openldap_ldapconf {
>
> I believe you need an equals sign there: openldap_ldapconf = {

D'oh!  Thank you.

> > One thing I am very likely doing wrong is the
> > ldap_service_password_file.  What is the format of this file supposed to
> > be?
>
> You create it with kdb5_ldap_util stashsrvpw.  (The format is simple
> enough, but it's not designed to be human-generated, so I don't think it
> would be all that useful to describe it.)

Aha.

That got me farther; but it fell over after asking for passwords:

        # kdb5_ldap_util -D cn=Manager,dc=endoframe,dc=net create -subtrees dc=endoframe,dc=net -r ENDOFRAME.NET -s -H ldap://ldap.endoframe.net
        Password for "cn=Manager,dc=endoframe,dc=net":
        Initializing database for realm 'ENDOFRAME.NET'
        You will be prompted for the database Master Password.
        It is important that you NOT FORGET this password.
        Enter KDC database master key:
        Re-enter KDC database master key to verify:
        kdb5_ldap_util: Invalid syntax while creating realm 'ENDOFRAME.NET'

Which syntax is this complaining about?

--
Braden McDaniel <braden at endoframe.com>