Kerberos + NFSv3 on RHEL6.1

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 11:22:40 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Vipin Rathor <v.rathor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello People,
> I'm trying to configure NFS (v3) server with Kerberos on RHEL6.1. I'm
> using RHEL5.5 as NFS client. When I try to mount from client, I'm
> getting 'Invalid argument' error (return code:32/broken pipe). I tried
> to run rpc.gssd & rpc.svcgssd in debug mode, but not much helpful. I'm
> not seeing any GSS-API traffic during mount request.
>
> Questions:
> 1. Is NFS server (running on RHEL6.1) certified with NFS client on RHEL5.5 ?
> 2. What is the support matrix for NFS server on RHEL6.1 ?

      Shouldn't these questions be asked to RedHat, not to NFS or
Kerberos mailing lists? You are paying for RedHat support; they better
answer it because they are the ones who ought to know the answer.

> 3. Do I need any special configuration setting to make this setup working?

      How did you set up the server to export the data (i.e. config
files)? Which commands are you using to mount NFS share in client?