BUG Report : 'krb5.ini' not found on Windows.

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Tue May 17 23:49:05 EDT 2011

On 05/18/2011 02:43 AM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Application specific configuration files do not belong in \WINDOWS.
> The correct place for krb5.ini is \ProgramData\Kerberos\krb5.ini which
> requires that the environment variable KRB5_CONFIG be set to refer to
> that file.
>
> I do not know whether or not Java will pay attention to the environment
> variable.

We are not reading this environment variable, will consider adding it.

So, the logic will be

1. If java system property java.security.krb5.conf set, use it
2. If KRB5_CONFIG set, use it
3. If $JRE/lib/security/krb5.conf exists, use it
4. If Windows:
    a) If there is krb5.ini in GetWindowsDirectory, use it
    b) If there is krb5.ini in GetSystemWindowsDirectory, use it
    c) Use USERDNSDOMAIN and LOGONSERVER environment variables
5. If *nix:
    a) If Solaris, try /etc/krb5/krb5.conf
    b) Otherwise, try /etc/krb5.conf
    c) Use DNS