BUG Report : 'krb5.ini' not found on Windows.

Onkesh Bansal OBansal at quark.com
Tue May 17 06:53:15 EDT 2011

Hello,

Configuration>>

>>>Windows 2008 R2 (Service Pack 1) workstation.

I am having this problem on my machine and am not able to figure out
what is the root cause.

The scenario seems with Terminal Services installed on the system and
when the authentication has to be done via the LDAP over the local
network.

This BUG has been logged with ORACLE-JAVA at
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6793475 and they have already
provided with a work around.

My Query is:

1.       What is the reason behind this bug. I need to know the root
cause for this.

2.       What should be my steps (apart from the workaround provided
with the bug resolution) so as to prevent any future re-occurrences?
ie I need a fix.

3.       Can it be related to the version changes of Kerberos or is it
because of Windows 2008?

Thanks & Regards,

Onkesh Bansal

Engineer-1 QA,