why are there two krb5_realm_params, in adm.h and admin.h?

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 26 18:03:39 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-26 at 17:38 -0400, Chris Hecker wrote:
> If I want to add a bool flag to the realms section of kdc.conf, it seems
> like it should go in krb5_realm_params, but which struct should I
> modify?  Both?  How does this even compile?  Are they just not ever both
> included in the same file?  Is one exported to plugins or something and
> has to stay stable?

This is an old mess which just hasn't been cleaned up.  adm.h is used in
the KDC code; kadm5/admin.h is used everywhere else.  adm.h isn't
installed and has no external stability guarantees, and would probably
be the one to go away in a more perfect tree.  kadm5/admin.h is
installed but has explicitly weak stability guarantees.

At the moment you'll need to make changes to both structures.