Cross Realm Administration?

Jeff draht jdraht at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 13:52:45 EST 2011

Doug,
           When we initially installed this, As per the Oracle
Engineer,
his skill set was very limited in Kerberos.

It has been a challenge to gather info on Kerberos Admin Procedures
As a result.

Oracle's Scope was to get us Connected (Solaris LDAP Client)
Authenticate against AD 2008 and Kerberos via Adjoin script.
For the most part, this was accomplished.

It did leave us with a limited understanding of the entire process
And how to properly Manage/Administer it?

I have requested Training (Onsite for a group) and/or maybe a
Professional Services Engagement.

However, we have come a long way is a short period of time and
I feel like I have a fairly good grasp (Thx to some information from
you)
of the process but still have Many unanswered questions...

I believe that you indicated that the "kadmin" cannot work from the
Sun Ldap Client when AD/KDC are Windows Based Servers?

Nowhere do I see that stated on the Oracle Website?
They do seem to push the Seam Tool for all types of
environments... I am curious if my userid needs to be in the
Domain Admin group to use the Seam Tool?  It errors...

I have cleaned up my System Keytab, had the AD Admin create
a new one... I recommended to use the -encrypt -All command
in ktpass to obtain all encryption types. Below is how it is now and
was at initial installation.

root at yeoman:/>klist -ke
Keytab name: FILE:/etc/krb5/krb5.keytab
KVNO Principal
----
   7 host/yeoman.lab-passhe.lcl at LAB-PASSHE.LCL (DES cbc mode with
CRC-32)
   7 host/yeoman.lab-passhe.lcl at LAB-PASSHE.LCL (DES cbc mode with RSA-
MD5)
   7 host/yeoman.lab-passhe.lcl at LAB-PASSHE.LCL (ArcFour with HMAC/md5)
   7 host/yeoman.lab-passhe.lcl at LAB-PASSHE.LCL (unsupported encryption
type 18)
   7 host/yeoman.lab-passhe.lcl at LAB-PASSHE.LCL (AES-128 CTS mode with
96-bit SHA-1 HMAC)

I see that the KVNO # is now 7?
How can I ask the AD Admin to sync this up between the Solaris Ldap
Client and AD- KDC?
What verbage should I use to communicate that to him?

I believe I have a good grasp on the user keytab file creation and
process?
So when I do this below, it keeps it in cache for the session and it
is not necessary to do any other commands If I understand it
correctly?

klist -k -e -t /var/tmp/xf1adm.keytab
Keytab name: FILE:/var/tmp/xf1adm.keytab
KVNO Timestamp              Principal
---- ----------------
   7 24/01/2011 15:14 xf1adm at LAB-PASSHE.LCL (ArcFour with HMAC/md5)

Also, the SAP DBA's believe that they are having an issue with a SNC
Library
and need a MIT Kerberos 5 Library?  Any Thoughts?

   115  N    File "/usr/sap/XF1/SYS/exe/run/libsapcrypto.so"
dynamically loade
d as GSS-API v2 library.
   116  N    The internal Adapter for the loaded GSS-API mechanism
identifies
as:
   117  N    Internal SNC-Adapter (Rev 1.0) to SECUDE 5/GSS-API v2
   118  N  *** ERROR => SncPGSSImportName()==SNCERR_GSSAPI
[sncxxall.c 2630]
   119  N        GSS-API(maj): An invalid name was supplied
   120  N      Import of a name failed
   121  N      name="p:xf1adm at LAB-PASSHE.LCL"
   122  N  <<- SncInit()==SNCERR_GSSAPI
   123  N           sec_avail = "false"
   124  M  ***LOG R19=> ThSncInit, SncInitU ( SNC-000004)
[thxxsnc.c    230]
   125  M  *** ERROR => ThSncInit: SncInitU (SNCERR_GSSAPI)
[thxxsnc.c    232]
   126  M  in_ThErrHandle: 1
   127  M  *** ERROR => SncInitU (step 1, th_errno 44, action 3, level
1) [thx
xhead.c   10607]
   128  M

F.Y.I.

LAB-PASSHE.LCL is our test environment, so we are not using passhe.edu
the primary Windows Domain is PASSHE.LCL but all are linked to
passhe.edu

I wanted to bring something to your attention?

I have noticed some changes to the AD Account Yeoman and my Userid?
At present we are having some communication issues and I believe it
is related? I am not Administering our AD-KDC, please keep in mind...

Here is the Initial Post Install Config and Current for Yeoman
differences that
I want to point out;

I believe that the Service Principal naming is wrong and the user
principal in missing?

Current Yeoman Properties on AD Server.
sAMAccountName: YEOMAN$
sAMAccountType: 805306369
dNSHostName: yeoman.lab-passhe.lcl
servicePrincipalName: HOST/YEOMAN.LAB-PASSHE.LCL
servicePrincipalName: HOST/YEOMAN
objectCategory: CN=Computer,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=LAB-
PASSHE,DC=LCL
isCriticalSystemObject: FALSE
dSCorePropagationData: 16010101000000.0Z
lastLogonTimestamp: 129393723014479313
msDS-SupportedEncryptionTypes: 18

Yeoman Post Installation Initial Config
sAMAccountName: YEOMAN$
sAMAccountType: 805306369
dNSHostName: yeoman.lab-passhe.lcl
userPrincipalName: host/yeoman.lab-passhe.lcl at LAB-PASSHE.LCL
servicePrincipalName: host/yeoman.lab-passhe.lcl
objectCategory: CN=Computer,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=LAB-
PASSHE,DC=LCL
isCriticalSystemObject: FALSE
dSCorePropagationData: 16010101000000.0Z
lastLogonTimestamp: 129356911380595383
msDS-SupportedEncryptionTypes: 18

Domain Admin is not present currently?

Current Properties, jdraht
memberOf: CN=SYT-HelpDesk,OU=Roles,OU=SYT,OU=Campuses,DC=LAB-
PASSHE,DC=LCL
memberOf: CN=SYT-TeamSytec-
OS,OU=Security,OU=Groups,OU=SYT,OU=Campuses,DC=LAB-
 PASSHE,DC=LCL
uSNChanged: 2443251
name: Draht,Jeff.

jdraht Properties, post install initial
memberOf: CN=SYT-TeamSytec-
OS,OU=Security,OU=Groups,OU=SYT,OU=Campuses,DC=LAB-
 PASSHE,DC=LCL
memberOf: CN=Domain Admins,CN=Users,DC=LAB-PASSHE,DC=LCL
uSNChanged: 2144812
name: Draht,Jeff.