Cross Realm Administration?

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri Jan 14 10:27:53 EST 2011

On 1/12/2011 9:03 AM, Jeff draht wrote:
> Here is the manpage for kinit.
>
> I understand the /tmp for the ticket cache of the user
> that is logged in.
>
> However, I do not understand you indicating that
> the /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab    is not the keytab file?

Some misunderstanding. /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab is the
system's keytab file, and should be readable only by root.

If you have other services not running as root, and
they need a keytab file, the keytab file should be
owned by the UID running the service. Or if the user has
a keytab file it should readable only be the user.

> The output of this file is diaplayed by a "klist -k"
>
> "klist"  seems to show the ticket cache for the user
> running the command.

It can show ticket caches or keytab files.