Cross realm between AD and MIT

Robert Wehn robert.wehn at rz.uni-augsburg.de
Sat Aug 27 11:33:46 EDT 2011

Am 27.08.2011 um 07:55 schrieb jm130794 <jm130794 at gmail.com>:

> I found a solution (is it a good solution ?) :
>
> - I add my client (W7) into my AD.MYREALM (Microsoft Domain)
> - on the client, I do : ksetup /AddKdc MYREALM
If this is the Realm if your MIT Kerberos Domain, then this is correct. This is what Ross told you and actually adds the Registry Settings he pointed out.
This can also be done centralized by a GPO if you don't want to touch every client.

> As you see, I don't give the address of the MIT KDC. I can open a session with a MIT KDC user.
>
> If I do :  ksetup /AddKdc MYREALM kdc1.myrealm, that does not work
What is dns name of your kdc? If it's different then it cannot work.
If you have a kdc service record for the MYREALM Realm in your DNS then making no local kdc setting is often a good idea