Mac OS X 10.6 CCacheServer / Terminal.app interaction

Jonathan Simms slyphon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:04:58 EDT 2010

I've been working on setting up a SSO solution for work, and I've hit
a snag on snow leopard. It seems that if you kinit (using the
command-line or Ticket Viewer), then open and close a Terminal.app
window, it destroys your credentials. I tested behavior using mrxvt
and xterm, and it seems to be related to your terminal being a login
session. When I passed the '-ls' option to either xterm or mrxvt,
closing the window and logging out of my shell caused my credentials
to be destroyed. This is easy to work around (obviously, "don't do
that").

With Terminal.app, though, I can't seem to find a way to stop it from
behaving this way. I changed the option from "Default login shell" to
/bin/bash and when I close my terminal window, it destroys the
credentials. Is there any way I can tell CCacheServer to not destroy
my credentials, or some kind of change I can make to the way launchd
is starting it up to achieve the same effect?