KLCacheHasValidTickets does not report the principal (Mac OS X 10.6.3)

Nathan Herring nathanh at microsoft.com
Thu May 20 15:44:50 EDT 2010

I’m having a similar issue with KLCacheHasValidTickets. I have a valid V5 ticket in the default cache, and yet

KLBoolean fValid;
KLPrincipal principal;
klerr = KLCacheHasValidTickets(NULL, kerberosVersion_V5, &fValid, &principal, NULL);

Returns fValid is true, klerr == 0, but principal is null.

Am I missing something? Documentation looks like it should tell me what the default credential cache’s principal was (presuming it was still valid).

-nh