bug report: "too many SRV records" becomes "no SRV records"

Richard E. Silverman res at qoxp.net
Wed Jun 9 17:36:04 EDT 2010

>>>>> "res" == Richard E Silverman <res at qoxp.net> writes:

    res> In 1.8.1, there is the following code in
    res> src/lib/krb5/os/dnsglue.c:

    res>    krb5int_dns_init(struct krb5int_dns_state **dsp, char *host,
    res> int nclass, int ntype) { ...  nextincr = 2048; maxincr = INT_MAX;
    res> ...

    res> One day, due to an error, the number of KDC SRV records for one
    res> of our realms doubled from 27 to 54... and KDC lookups via DNS
    res> prompty broke.  I bumped up the nextincr value above, and it
    res> started working again.  Probably not the right fix, but just
    res> letting you know that there's a bug here.

    res> -- Richard Silverman res at qoxp.net

By the way, it wasn't quite clear to me -- if this should go to krbdev,
please let me know.  I've been posting here first to vet whether something
actually *is* a bug, if or before posting there.  Thanks.

--
  Richard Silverman
  res at qoxp.net