Any way to propagate db

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Wed Jun 2 13:25:47 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 10:04:25 -0700
Techie <techchavez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, thank you for the information. I was hoping there was a way to do
> something similar to a kprop from AD to an MIT KDC using some kind of
> AD tool. But I also imagined that would not be the case since there
> are likely many incompatibilities.
> I think I need to read up on the Microsoft Kerberos documentation.

Note that merely propagating passwords does not give you a KDC that is
able to release tickets that are valid in the AD realm.

The only code currently able to extract that info reliably lives in the
development version of samba called samba4 and implements a full
Windows DC with native replication.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York