building krb5-1.8 for Windows error: No rule to make target `include/krb5\krb5.hin'

Oleksandr Bodriagov newway3 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 04:43:46 EDT 2010

Hi,
I am trying to build krb5-1.8 for Windows 7. I cannot use KfW 3.2.2
since it includes older Kerberos  v5 library version 1.6.3, which does
not support FAST.
I tried to do everything according to the windows/README using
Traditional Build Method (starting on a Unix machine and creating a
distribution that can be built on Windows).

the command make -f Makefile.in kerbsrc.zip results in the following error:
make: *** No rule to make target `include/krb5\krb5.hin', needed by
`include/krb5\krb5.h'.  Stop.

How can I cope with this problem? I would really appreciate any help
on building krb5-1.8 for Windows.

Best regards,
Oleksandr