Multiple Apache websites using Kerberos authentication (through the mod_auth_kerb module)

Caron, Christian Christian.Caron at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Fri Sep 11 08:56:21 EDT 2009

Hi list,

We have been successful in having users authenticate through the
Kerberos mechanism on one website. The website has the same name and
uses the same IP as the server itself (this is the name that was used to
create the Service Principal account).

When trying to use the same mechanism for a second website (different
name, different IP, same physical server), it doesn't work.

Is it possible to have only one Service Principal account and "attach"
multiple websites to it and how can we achieve that? We would like to
minimize the number of accounts in AD (if possible, only one per
physical server).

Thanks!

-
Christian Caron