create principals fails

"kai plückhahn" derplueck at gmx.de
Mon Nov 23 08:20:24 EST 2009

i often read this question. but never seen an answer.
i want to have openldap as a backend to kerberos.
- kerberos 5
- openldap 2.4

i could create the subtree in the dit. But when i try to create principals with kadmin, it fails.
My first step was, that i created the conf files...kdc.conf and krb5.conf.After this i created with the kdb5_ldap_util the subtree and the stash-pws. But then...to create principals with kadmin or kadmin.local fails.
In my book there is a note, that i have to create first of all a local database with kdb5_util create -s to use the kadmin.local interface without problems...

How a have to create the principals, is there a trick?

I don´t know. Please help me.