KfW 3.2.2 and Windows XP client login window

Ulysse 31 ulysse31 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 05:28:56 EST 2009

Hi,

I am actually testing kerberos interoperability with windows on a
SAMBA NT 2000 domain, and i'm having some troubles. Before I try to
explain the problem, here's what i have :

- I have a SAMBA NT 2000 domain with LDAP Backend and an MIT Kerberos
with LDAP backend (same LDAP database).
- Users account passwords are synced (SAMBA/KERBEROS) by using our intranet.
- the realm of NT domain and Kerberos are the same.
- I have 2 machines, one virtual machine with XP SP3 and the other a
dell with the original dell system updated (XP SP3 but with some dell
tools) , both are members of an NT 2000 samba domain (NT 2000 with
LDAP backend).
- on both clients I have installed Network Identity Manager 3.2.2.

Now here's the problem:

- when i login into the virtual machine, I just type the password on
the windows login window, and with the correct krb5.ini, i get
automatically a ticket from the KDC (without having to retrype
password on the "Obtain Credentials"). I suppose it use MSLSA import
... which is the exact behaviour that I want.

- When I log into the dell machine, the "Obtain Credential" Window
pops-up and ask me to login, apparently it does NOT use MSLSA, which
is NOT what I want.

I have firstly installed KfW on the virtual machine, configured the
krb5.ini, and when I got a working configuration file, a copy the
krb5.ini and give it to the KfW installation wizard on the dell, so it
should normally act the same way that on the virtual machine.
And of course I have checked the configuration by comparing the
netidmgr settings between the two machines, they are the same...
Since there was some dell utilities, i thought it could come from
those, and uninstall all of them ... it still acting the same way ...

Does somebody knows from where this problem would come, or just a way
to have more logs from netidmgr ?

Thanks a lot,

--
Gomes do Vale Victor