GSSAPI / Kerberos ticket authentication issues

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 16 17:40:31 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 16:53 -0500, Broekman, Maarten wrote:
> Greg,
> 	One thing I realized is that I forgot to mention is that I also
> tried using the scan_interfaces and extra_addresses tags in my krb5.conf
> but that didn't help.  From the manpage for the krb5.conf these looked
> like they might have addressed the issue.

Those settings don't pertain to this code.

>   Also ssh suffers from the
> same problem as gssftp so I'm guessing this is a more general issue and
> not specific to gssftp.

Stock OpenSSH sshd has the same coding issue as ftpd, yes.  If your sshd
had the gss-keyex patch, you could control this behavior with the
GSSAPIStrictAcceptorCheck config variable, but unfortunately Red Hat is
not one of the OS vendors who incorporate the gss-keyex patch.