Problem using Kerberos for user authentication

Steve Glasser sgla9347 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 11:21:31 EST 2009

Where are your user accounts held?  The instructions you site above
assume your user accounts are kept in ldap.  This may sound obvious,
but you need to create valid user accounts in either ldap or the local
passwd/shadow files (less working passwords, of course).

Check your logs on both the client and server for clues.  Please post
any errors.

If you are following the sited howto, I assume you did test Kerberos
authentication separately and it is working, right?

Cheers,
Steve

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Ryan Lynch <ryan.b.lynch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 04:46, Braden McDaniel <braden at endoframe.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to get off the ground setting up Kerberos on a Fedora 11 box.
>> I've attempted to follow the instructions here:
<snip>

--
Steve Glasser
sgla9347 at gmail.com