Assertion failed for krb5kdc

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 9 01:08:12 EST 2009

On Nov 8, 2009, at 22:33, Tom Shaw wrote:
> I hadthe same problem on Solaris 9. I just downloaded the latest
> krb5-1.7-signed.tar (http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dist/krb5/1.7/
> krb5-1.7-signed.tar) and the configure script is not quite the same as
> you have listed.
>
> Instead of:
>      solaris2.[1-9])
>
> the configure script has:
>      solaris2.1-9)

Ah, darned m4 quoting... fixing it in the sources now.  Thanks for
spotting that.  The code I had quoted was from the aclocal.m4 file
supplying macros to be run through m4 to generate the configure
script, and not the actual generated configure script itself.  In most
of the macro processing, [] are quoting characters, and one level of
them (or more, depending on usage) get removed...

Ken