Assertion failed for krb5kdc

Tom Shaw tomisfaraway at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 22:33:22 EST 2009

On Oct 20, 8:46 am, Ken Raeburn <raeb... at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2009, at 16:55, eightball wrote:
>
> >>   This would be dependent on some configuration macros,
> >> HAVE_PRAGMA_WEAK_REF and NO_WEAK_PTHREADS; can you see which are set
> >> in include/autoconf.h in the build tree?  The former should be
> >> defined
> >> (based on tests of the compiler, so it may also depend on which
> >> compiler you're using), and the latter should not (selected in the
> >> configure script based on the OS version).
>
> >> Ken
>
> > Both are set to 1.
>
> Okay, that sounds like it's the problem.  The configure script should
> be setting the latter only for Solaris 10, unless the patterns we're
> checking for are wrong:
> [...]
>      solaris2.[1-9])
> [...]

I hadthe same problem on Solaris 9. I just downloaded the latest
krb5-1.7-signed.tar (http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/dist/krb5/1.7/
krb5-1.7-signed.tar) and the configure script is not quite the same as
you have listed.

Instead of:
      solaris2.[1-9])

the configure script has:
      solaris2.1-9)

Changing the configure script to your version (with the square
brackets), and re-building fixed the problem.

Regards
Tom
--
Tom Shaw