Cross Compile krb5

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 8 18:47:37 EST 2009

On Jan 8, 2009, at 15:44, Pedro Cavalcante wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> I'm trying to cross compile krb5 for sh4 (STLinux) and i stopped in
> this problem: "Cannot test for constructor/destructor support when
> cross
> compiling". My question is: Can I cross compile krb5 for any
> plataform?
> Could you share with me the solution?

It's not trivial, as you've noticed, but I think it should be
possible.  You may have to spent a little time working on some of the
makefile rules, and setting a few configuration variables before
starting.

The autoconf-generated configure scripts generally have the ability to
cache configuration information learned from the environment, to speed
up later invocations.  The file "config.cache" will be generated after
a successful invocation, so you can look at the sort of stuff that
goes in there if you do a native build on some system.

In this case, the variable krb5_cv_attr_constructor_destructor is set
to "yes" if you're using a compilation environment that supports
"__attribute__((constructor))" to indicate functions that should be
run at startup or library load time and "__attribute__((destructor))"
for cleanup functions; generally that equates to whether you're using
GCC, but not always.  If you set it to "no", you may have to add
support in config/shlib.conf and include/k5-platform.h to support the
target, and it's a bit convoluted...

Ken