Application to extract Kerberos Cerdential

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 22:48:55 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Rahul Kohli <rahulkohli2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Henry,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> This C application (shared library) will be used for validating the kerberos credential of a user with KDC on Microsoft AD 2003.
>
> Please suggest how we can use/develop a C application to validate user's kerberos credentials with KDC located on different system.

You don't need to communicate with the KDC to validate the Kerberos
token supplied by an HTTP client. You only need to use the service
credential to decrypt the authenticator in the token and verify that
the timestamp is within an acceptable range. And, depending on the
system you're using, there are C routines that will perform all of
these details for you. For example, UNIX systems usually come with a
library called GSSAPI that have a gss_accept_sec_context function that
does what you want. Sometimes GSSAPI is part of the Kerberos
installation (e.g. on Linux GSSAPI usually comes with the MIT Kerberos
packages). On Windows, there's something called SSPI which has a very
similar function called AcceptSecurityContext.

Mike

Michael B Allen
PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO
http://www.ioplex.com/