Kerberize MS Exchange?

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 12:10:14 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Walter Sobchak <genijalac at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'd like to kerberize ms exchange. I found some information about adding
> a security patch and some settings but not enough for it to work.
> Are there any pointers someone could give me?
> Do I have to use some commercial solution or it can be configured or
> programmed manually?

Kerberize it how?

MS Exchange uses a proprietary communications protocol so it's not
clear how Kerberos authentication even works in Exchange [1].

If you're talking about using IMAP4, last I checked MS Exchange does
not support Kerberos w/ IMAP4 at all.

Mike

[1] There is some new "Exchange Protocols" documentation released as
part of the EU settlement that might include such details.

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Active Directory SPNEGO SSO