Kerberize MS Exchange?

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.no-spam-here.tomsk.su
Fri Oct 10 00:49:28 EDT 2008

Douglas E. Engert wrote:

> >> Incidentally, I have been informed off-list that newer versions of
> >> Exchange's IMAP implementation actually do support Kerberos via
> >> GSSAPI.
> >
> > And what win32 IMAP clients can authenticate with GSSAPI?

> Thunderbird is reported to be able to do this:
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.auth.use-sspi

> I have not tried it, but it looks promising.

I have tried Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 for Windows with
network.auth.use-sspi set to either true or false.

Ethereal does not see Thunderbird requesting any tickets for
imap/relay2.tomsk.ru from AD. It just keeps asking for my password and
does not create any traffic to the DC. Am I missing something?

The server does support GSSAPI and announces it:
* OK CommuniGate Pro IMAP Server 5.1.13 at relay2.tomsk.ru ready
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4REV1 ACL NAMESPACE UIDPLUS IDLE LITERAL+ QUOTA ID MULTIAPPEND LISTEXT CHILDREN BINARY LOGIN-REFERRALS UNSELECT STARTTLS AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=GSSAPI
1 OK completed

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/