cross-realm authentication works only with .k5login

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Mon Mar 17 16:44:00 EDT 2008

Hi Andrea,

a user andrea at SOLARIS in not the same as a user andrea at SOLARIS2. You need to
tell a server in domain SOLARIS that user andrea at SOLARIS2 is the same as
andrea at SOLARIS by either using .k5login or use auth_to_local in krb5.conf
e.g.

..
[realms]
       SOLARIS = {
               kdc = ..
#
# map xxx at SOLARIS2 to local user xxx
#
               auth_to_local = RULE:[1:$1@$0](.*@SOLARIS2$)s/@.*//
               auth_to_local = DEFAULT
       }
..

This means you trust both domains using unique ids.

Markus

news:b66de008-26d7-48b7-9bc1-0f5e4756b71b at z38g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...