problem with kerberos v5 building

Padmavathi Dt padmavathi.dt at tcs.com
Mon Mar 17 05:32:54 EDT 2008

Hii List,

I need to install Cyrus SASL for use with our openLDAP.We are going to use
kerberos mechanism for that.
But I am totally new to kerberos.I have read the install guide and I am
trying to install kerberos now.
In the first step I gave the following command:

$ ./configure --without-tls --without-krb4

This didnt result in any errors.
But config.log is showing that some srcipt was failed.Partial output of
config.log:(I dont know if this is useful)

PATH: /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.6/bin
PATH: /usr/kerberos/bin
PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /usr/X11R6/bin
PATH: /home/access/bin

## ----------- ##
## Core tests. ##
## ----------- ##

configure:1390: loading cache ./config.cache
configure:1495: checking for gcc
configure:1521: result: gcc
configure:1765: checking for C compiler version
configure:1768: gcc --version </dev/null >&5
gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 20050721 (Red Hat 3.4.4-2)

gcc: `-V' option must have argument
configure:1781: $? = 1
configure:1804: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:1807: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
configure:1810: $? = 0
configure:1856: result: a.out
configure:1861: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:1867: ./a.out
configure:1870: $? = 0
configure:1887: result: yes
configure:1894: checking whether we are cross compiling
configure:1896: result: no
configure:1899: checking for suffix of executables
configure:1901: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  >&5
configure:1904: $? = 0
configure:1929: result:
configure:1935: checking for suffix of object files
configure:1981: result: o
configure:1985: checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler
configure:2041: result: yes
configure:2047: checking whether gcc accepts -g
configure:2098: result: yes
configure:2115: checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C
configure:2222: result: none needed
configure:2240: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:2: error: syntax error before "me"
configure:2246: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #ifndef __cplusplus
|   choke me
| #endif
configure:2385: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:2503: result: gcc -E
configure:2527: gcc -E  conftest.c
configure:2533: $? = 0
configure:2565: gcc -E  conftest.c
configure:2565: gcc -E  conftest.c
conftest.c:9:28: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:2571: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "Kerberos 5"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "krb5"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "1.6.3"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "Kerberos 5 1.6.3"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "krb5-bugs at mit.edu"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */

etc,....

The step which is giving error is:
$ make

The output of make is:
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [test_getpw] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/access/LDAPSOFTWARES/krb5-1.6.3/src/tests/misc
'
make[1]: *** [all-recurse] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/access/LDAPSOFTWARES/krb5-1.6.3/src/tests'
make: *** [all-recurse] Error 1

I am not able to make any sense out of this error.I have searched almost
every available link in google.
Please advice me how to resolve this.Thanks a lot to all in
advance.............

With hope and regards,
Padma

and any attachments. Thank you