Problem compiling kerberos for maemo: cannot find add_error_table in com_err library

Jason Edgecombe jason at rampaginggeek.com
Sat Mar 8 21:56:26 EST 2008

Hi There,

I'm trying to compile kerberos for the Nokia N800/810 running Maemo. I'm
using scratchbox to compile and I get the following configure messages:

checking which version of com_err to use... system
checking for add_error_table in -lcom_err... no
configure: error: cannot find add_error_table in com_err library

ls shows
lrwxrwxrwx  1 maemo maemo    17 Feb 28 22:07 /lib/libcom_err.so.2 ->
libcom_err.so.2.1
-rw-r--r--  1 maemo maemo  5728 May 26  2006 /lib/libcom_err.so.2.1

I saw several other mailing list messages about lib com_err, but I don't
know what to do.

My eventual goal is to get openafs with krb5 support on the N800, but
right now, I need to get kerberos working.

"dpkg -l | grep err" gives:
ii  comerr-dev
2.1-1.37-2sarge1             common error description library - headers a
ii  libcomerr2
1.37-2sarge1                 common error description library

I'm trying to recompile the debian kerberos 1.4.4 source packages for
the N800/N810.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason