KfW failure to get afs tokens

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Wed Jun 25 13:25:57 EDT 2008

Using KfW 3.2.2 I ran in to an issue today that I have not seen. Normally,
we get the v5 credentials
krbtgt/ASU.EDU at asu.edu
afs at ASU.EDU

and the openafs cache manager also gets
afs at asu.edu

However, today I installed kfw on a machine (windows xp prof) and gave it
all the save configuration but we did not get the afs at asu.edu or the
afs at ASU.EDU credential.

Actually, I did get all the proper afs tokens/credentials when I tested it
with my id. But when I destroy my credentials using NiM, I could not get afs
credentials for the actual user id of the person using the machine.

I was able to start afscreds and get afs tokens from the old gui, but I
thought it very strange the KfW/NiM didn't get all the afs credentials it
needed.

Any idea's on what could be happening?

--
David Bear