kstart 3.14 released

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 23 00:18:05 EDT 2008

I'm pleased to announce release 3.14 of kstart.

k4start, k5start, and krenew are modified versions of kinit which add
support for running as a daemon to maintain a ticket cache, running a
command with credentials from a keytab and maintaining a ticket cache
until that command completes, obtaining AFS tokens (via an external aklog)
after obtaining tickets, and creating an AFS PAG for a command.  They are
primarily useful in conjunction with long-running jobs; for moving ticket
handling code out of servers, cron jobs, or daemons; and to obtain tickets
and AFS tokens with a single command.

Changes from previous release:

    Add -F and -P options to k5start to force the tickets to not be
    forwardable or proxiable, regardless of library defaults.  This can be
    necessary if one's krb5.conf defaults to forwardable or proxiable
    tickets but service principals aren't allowed to get such tickets.

You can download it from:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/kstart/>

As of this release, kstart is now maintained in Git.  See the above URL
for more details.

Debian packages have been uploaded to Debian unstable.

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.