ASN.1

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Tue Jul 1 14:30:02 EDT 2008

--On Monday, June 30, 2008 04:43:10 PM +0200
mohamed.chaari at orange-ftgroup.com wrote:

> I would like to know if I can modify the ASN.1 files of kerberos.

As far as I know, you can modify anything you want in your copy of Kerberos.

However, the ASN.1 describes the Kerberos protocol, which is specified in
RFC4120 and related documents.  If you make changes, the resulting protocol
will no longer be Kerberos and may not interoperate correctly with existing
and/or future implementations of the standard protocol.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+ at cmu.edu>