How to lock/unlock the user principal

Ido Levy IDOL at il.ibm.com
Wed Jan 16 04:53:21 EST 2008

Kenneth,

Thank you for the info !

What do you mean by saying "when building Kerberos named something like
updates database" ?
Did you test this feature ?

Thanks,

Ido Levy

             Kenneth Grady
             <klg at lanl.gov>
             15/01/2008 16:57          Ido Levy/Haifa/IBM at IBMIL
                                                                        cc
                                       kerberos at mit.edu
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: How to lock/unlock the user
                                       principal

It's an undocumented feature that you need to specify when building
Kerberos named something like updates database. And the "kadmin modprinc
(+-)allow_tix principal at realm" allows you to enable/disable the account.
I believe the number of failed attempts before blacklisting is kept in
the kdc.conf file.