Kerberized Apache

Sebastian Hanigk hanigk at in.tum.de
Thu Feb 21 11:01:26 EST 2008

Sebastian Hanigk <hanigk at in.tum.de> writes:

Following up to myself for clarification:

> Using mod_auth_gss
> (<http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/raw/sfwnv/test_stevel/usr/src/cmd/apache2/mod_auth_gss/mod_auth_gss.c>,
> install with "apxs -c -i -l gss mod_auth_gss.c") I have apache-2.2.8
> running with authentication via Kerberos. While mod_auth_kerb has the
> advantage of providing a username/password fallback, I haven't compiled
> it under Solaris.

This works at the moment only under Solaris; mod_auth_gss uses two
functions from Sun's GSSAPI implementation's extension
(_gss_get_mech_type and __gss_oid_to_mech) which have to be
reimplemented if said module should work with other GSSAPI libraries.

Sebastian