Debugging Script using get_in_tkt_with_password

trimkins@sbcglobal.net trimkins at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 19 11:47:50 EST 2008

Hello all,

I have a specific question coming from my activities in a prior thread
(Trouble Getting Ticket into Cache).  The thread got confusing when
others attached to it with different questions.  I thought a new post
was in order.

My C script is using get_in_tkt_with_password() to cache a password.
Everything is set up correctly, I believe.  I am compiling through gcc
and linking the object file to /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.  I am getting the
following error text when running the executable in gdb:

     <<< begin gdb read out <<<

     Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.

     0xb7f11f8c in krb5_get_in_tkt_with_password () from /usr/lib/
libkrb5.so.3
     (gdb) list
     1       init.c: No such file or directory.
             in init.c
     (gdb) bt
     #0  0xb7f11f8c in krb5_get_in_tkt_with_password () from /usr/lib/
libkrb5.so.3
     #1  0x08048774 in main ()

     <<< end gdb read out <<<

Does this look like a problem with my Kerberos install or gdb?  Is
init.c (which I understand to be memory protection) a file that should
be installed on my server.

Thanks much for any assistance.

Sincerely,

Angus B. Atkins-Trimnell