Help : Can not contact KDC

Abhishek Rahirikar me_rahirikar at yahoo.co.in
Sun Feb 10 03:51:50 EST 2008

   Hi Kevin,
   Thanks for the reply.
   I tried to look for kadmind, it is running on server.
   By doing nmap I am getting 749/tcp as open and service is
   Kerberos-adm.
   But default port for KDC is 88. and if I use netstat  for port 88 then
   the port is shown as closed. That means the KDC is not listening on
   port 88. Am I correct?
   So how can I handle this situation? In my krb5.conf  I have set kdc
   po   (kdc= kdc.example.com:88 )
   How should I make KDC listen on port 88? Or if any oher setting is
   required   Thanks for the help,
   Abhishek
   --- On Sat, 9/2/08, Kevin S. Sumner <ksumner at p
     From: Kevin S     Subject: Re: Help : Can not con     To: "Abhishek Rahirikar" <me_rahirikar at yahoo.co.in>
     Cc     Date: Saturday, 9 February, 2008, 11:32 PM
     Some diagnostics I can think of at the moment:
     - Check to see if kad     that it
     has its port open to     - Check to see if the client has the correct entry     admin_server in
     krb5.conf.
     - Check firewall rules on the clie     remember
     correctly, kadmind runs on port 749/t     nmap, netstat, and lsof will be a lot of help. You can get most     these from a popular Linux distribution, compile them from source
     on most
     Unices. There's also a netstat implementation in Windo     native
     compile of nmap for Windows too.
     strace, ktrace/     Hope this helps!
     Kevin
     ----     Kevin Sumner
     ksumner at physics.unc.edu
     (919) 962-6494
     Assistant     Physics and Astronomy Networking Infrastructure a     University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
     On S     >
     > Hi, there,<     a private domain.     > have
     > /etc/hosts mapping hostname of the pc to its ip     > /etc/krb5.conf< correctly set.
     > The pr     do
     > kadmi     > kadmin: Cannot contact any KDC for reques     initializing
     > kadmi interface
     >   kinit with no parameters reports the similar error:
     > kinit(v5): C     getting
     > initial      > I have also tried putting direct IP of the kdc in kr     error is
     the same.
     > Please help me. I am new to kerb     > Abhishek
     >

     >     >

     > Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is [1]     >
     > References
     >
     > 1.
     ="h     ttp://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_mail_1/*http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/ya
     hoo