kpasswd not listening

Darek hello at example.com
Thu Dec 25 16:31:14 EST 2008

I am running version 1.6.3 on FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE, installed from ports.

I start the daemon with /usr/local/sbin/krb5kdc

This starts

root     krb5kdc    38718 99 udp4   127.0.0.1:750         *:*
root     krb5kdc    38718 100udp4   127.0.0.1:88          *:*

(only showing localhost, but public IPs listening as well)

However, I do not see a passwd daemon running.  Tried specifying it in
/etc/kdc.conf with "kpasswd_port = 464" in my realm and still no go.

Surprisingly, I've not found much info online.  Maybe I'm searching for
the wrong thing.  Despite this, I tried running kpasswd from the kdc
itself and got:

kpasswd: krb5_change_password: unable to reach any changepw server  in
realm DOMAIN.TLD

Any pointers?  Ticket granting and ssh/sudo both work, but I'd want to
give users the ability to change their pass and not hassle me. :P

- Darek

My /etc/krb5.conf:
=================
[libdefaults]