Problems with kadmind, kpasswd and cross-realm authentication

Anthony Brock brocka at sterlingcgi.com
Sat Sep 8 02:57:03 EDT 2007

< ... SNIP ...

> An excerpt of these files is listed below, as well as the
> cross-realm krbtgt
> principals I've created. I'm hoping that I have missed something
> obvious in
> the configuration.

Any ideas?

The man page states that kadmind should be able to change passwords for any
realms that have an associated kadmin/changepw@<REALM> and
kadmin/admin@<REALM> principal. Is this still true? Or has support for this
functionality been dropped? If not, what debugging can be performed to
identify the cause of the issue?

Ideas?

Tony