Active Directory LDAP SSH

Roman S kleinerroemer at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 04:36:09 EDT 2007

Hey guys!

I've configured a Microsoft Active Directory with LDAP and Kerberos, and some Linux (Redhat) clients who authenticate to it.
I'm able to get some tickets for the users who are in the Active Directory, but SSH behaves a bit strange.

I can always ssh to the same machine again.
Like
#foo: ssh foo

but I can't ssh to any other computers. I always get a Permission denied.
I've only enabled gssapi authentication, all others are disabled.
Debug output of ssh didn't get me any further.

At the moment users are basicly managed over NIS, only a few test users are in LDAP, so they don't have home directories. I don't know if this could cause the trouble.

Thanks for your help

Roman