can not build krb5-1.6.3 on solaris 10

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 6 16:51:33 EST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 16:32, Cheng, Xian Lin wrote:
> Thanks again for you analysis of my problem. I run configure without
> error. The ar is in /usr/ccs/bin/ar and the false is in /usr/bin/
> false.
> Following is the first several lines of the log information for make.

By the time you run make, it's already looked for ar and decided
whether to use it or false.

Offhand, I'm not sure what a good next step would be to try debugging
this, unless you want to try editing the configure script itself to
trace through the tests that look to see where the ar program lives...

Is there any chance you ran configure once before with a different
environment where PATH might not have included /usr/ccs/bin?  The
configure script caches results from one run to the next in
"config.cache" in the top of the build tree.

Ken