can not build krb5-1.6.3 on solaris 10

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 6 15:56:36 EST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 09:48, Cheng, Xian Lin wrote:
> Thanks for your response to my problem. I add several lines before the
> first error and all the lines between the first error and second error
> in for you.
> building static ss library
> set -x; objlist=`set -x && perl -p -e 'BEGIN { $SIG{__WARN__} = sub
> {die
> @_} }; $e=$ARGV; $e =~ s/OBJS\...$//; s/^/ /; s/ $//; s/ / $e/g;'
> OBJS.ST` && false cq libss.a $objlist
> + set -x
> + perl -p -e BEGIN { $SIG{__WARN__} = sub {die @_} }; $e=$ARGV; $e =~
> s/OBJS\...$//; s/^/ /; s/ $//; s/ / $e/g; OBJS.ST
> objlist= ss_err.o std_rqs.o invocation.o help.o execute_cmd.o listen.o
> parse.o error.o prompt.o request_tbl.o list_rqs.o pager.o requests.o
> data.o
> + false cq libss.a ss_err.o std_rqs.o invocation.o help.o
> execute_cmd.o
> listen.o parse.o error.o prompt.o request_tbl.o list_rqs.o pager.o
> requests.o data.o
> *** Error code 255

There's the problem -- it's running the program "false", which will
always give an error.  At this point, normally it would be running
the program "ar", but apparently the configure script didn't find it
for some reason.  Presumably that means either certain software
development tools aren't installed, or $PATH isn't set to include
them.  (We should probably have the configure script fail, rather
than producing a makefile that will fail at build time.)

Check to see if /usr/ccs/bin is in $PATH, that's where Sun's tools
would normally live.

Ken