SSH1 - gss-api - kerberos - java

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Fri Nov 2 17:04:02 EDT 2007

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 04:42:56PM -0400, Ranga Samudrala wrote:
> I am trying to develop a Java SSH client targeting a version of
> Kerberised SSH1 server talking GSS-API. Does anybody know of anybody
> else dealing with this scenario? Is there a place I can find SSH1
> Java API that support communication using GSS-API?

The "Kerberized SSHv1" that floated about some time back is really not
something that you want to use.  Besides being non-standard, there were
issues with it (I don't recall the details).  Also, it does not use the
GSS-API, so you'd need a Java implementation of raw Kerberos.  You could
probably use the underlying raw Kerberos V implementation in JGSS, but
you may have to hack on the [fortunately now open source] JDK.

I urge you to upgrade to SSHv2.

Nico