Kerberos enabled SSH library

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Fri May 18 10:02:29 EDT 2007

petesea at bigfoot.com wrote:
> Is there a Kerberos-enabled SSH library out there?
>
> I'm investigating the development of a custom SSH client that will only be
> for internal company use.  The goal will be a single binary our users can
> easily download that will then be used to run specific commands to
> specific servers.
>
> I would PREFER it supports gssapi-keyex, but would probably settle for
> gssapi-with-mic.

You could look at PuTTY which is uses mostly on Windows, and is
used by a number of other package in the way you want. GSSAPI mods
are available:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/wishlist/kerberos-gssapi.html

Look at the "Another patch here adds support for GSSAPI..." which only does
gssapi-with-mic.

Unfortunately, the PuTTY developers have not been convinced to add GSSAPI
support to the base package.

> I'm starting with Linux, but will eventually need to support Mac, Solaris,
> HP-UX and Windows clients.

The PuTTY says it will run on Unix.