Kerberos enabled SSH library

petesea@bigfoot.com petesea at bigfoot.com
Thu May 17 17:02:41 EDT 2007

Is there a Kerberos-enabled SSH library out there?

I'm investigating the development of a custom SSH client that will only be
for internal company use.  The goal will be a single binary our users can
easily download that will then be used to run specific commands to
specific servers.

I would PREFER it supports gssapi-keyex, but would probably settle for
gssapi-with-mic.

I'm starting with Linux, but will eventually need to support Mac, Solaris,
HP-UX and Windows clients.

It seems like libssh2 might be a good choice, but it doesn't include
gssapi auth (as far as I know).  Any chance someone might be adding
gssapi-with-mic/gssapi-keyex support to libssh2?

I guess I could try to use OpenSSH, but it's not exactly intended as a
"library"?