Error while authenticating using mod_auth_kerb module

Vijay Jain vijay_jain at persistent.co.in
Fri May 11 10:01:06 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have been able to authenticate the user based on the credentials provided
but still not able to resolve the issue of NTLM based token from the
browser.
Following is the error message from apache web server for token processing
Warning: received token seems to be NTLM, which isn't supported by the
Kerberos module. Check your IE configuration.

I tried with IE as well as MOzilla browser.
I followed the respective configuration for IE and Mozilla but still not
able to get the Kerberos token.

It seems that there must be some configuration for the windows machine to
send kerberos token instead of NTLM.

Could someone please let me know the required configuration to fetch
kerberos based token from the browser?

Thanks,
Vijay