Credentials need to be manually obtained after creating VPN connection

Marsha Cipollone cippy7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 09:33:17 EDT 2007

I am currently running Kerb for Windows 3.2 using a Linux KDC on Windows XP
sp2 machines.  Our VPN connection is such that you must establish the
connection post log in.  When the machine boots up, KFW attempts to obtain
creds which is what we want when connected to the network.  When connecting
elsewhere and establishing a VPN connection, we would like to have KFW wait
for the VPN to connect and then obtain creds, but it does not do that
automatically.  Even after the VPN connection is established, you still have
to manually obtain and\or renew creds.  What setting must I configure to
have KFW automatically obtain/renew creds upon establishing a connection to
the KDC?  I'm guessing its is under HKCU\MIT\Netidmgr\CredWindow, but I'm
not sure what the setting should be or if that is even the correct
location.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!