Linux To ADS: correct time, but "Clock skew too great .."

Sonja Benz sonja.benz at de.ibm.com
Fri Jul 20 02:23:41 EDT 2007

Hello,

I try to set ab Kerberos authentication for a Linux client to ADS. The
behavior is strange: Obviously the client communicates with the ADS
server, e.g. I get an "Preauthentication failed while getting initial
credentials" if entering a wrong password and the password is locked after
entering repeatedly a wrong password. However, "kinit" never successes,
but when entering the correct password says "Clock skew too great while
getting initial credentials". Surely we did check the time at client and
server. It is correct!

Any ideas, what else could be wrong and give this error message?

Sonja