how to use gssapi to acquire external user credentials

eswars eswars at huawei.com
Tue Jul 3 09:07:36 EDT 2007

Hi,

       How to use gssapi to acquire external user credentials as same as
SSPI ( AcquireCredentialsHandle ) ? I did not find any API from GSSAPI which
takes username & password input and gives credentials.

I have written my client as same kinit to cache the credentials and use that
cache thru gssapi.

Is there any alternative way to do like this?

I am facing cache storage problem in windows 98. Gssapi is not finding
cache. When ever gss_init_sec_context ( ) is called
MITKerberosForWindows-2.6.5

Client is poping for credentials. It may be because it is not able to find
cache .this is happing in only windows 98.

How can I prevent this?

Regards,

Eswar S.

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is