Duplicate entries in news group

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 2 18:14:02 EDT 2007

On Jul 2, 2007, at 9:33, huaraz at moeller.plus.com wrote:
> I assume that the MIT host should be the only posting host of the
> message
> an not navy.mil ?
>
> Can someone please check at the navy.mil domain please ?

Ah, oops.  We're trying out the mail/news relaying capabilities in
the mailman server we're using at MIT, to see if it can take over the
job that NRL has been doing for us.  I didn't realize it would
generate its own message-ids, thus defeating the duplicate-message
suppression done in the news system.  Sorry about that, we'll try to
fix it....

Ken