Compiling krb5-1.6 for Windows

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 31 04:24:00 EST 2007

    Peger,> Hi,
    >> Yes the build environment for KfW is pretty badly broken at
    >> least the 3.0 environment which is what I ended up building
    >> (using VS 2005).

    Peger,> Acutally i'm not trying too compile KfW but Kerberos
    Peger,> itself. Is this possible at all on a Windows platform?

It's supposed to be.
We may have broken things and I suspect have.
src/windows/README lists instructions.

Feel free to let us know about what is broken.

Note that building KFW is different (and gives you different
functionality) than building raw Kerberos.

Also, note that cygwin builds are possible with hacking (although we
do not support them) and that gives you a third set of functionality.

We're seriously considering dropping the non-KFW Windows build because
it is not tested often and because it is confusing.